Saturday, October 12, 2013

T-minus 4 weeks

Today I had the best long training run to date. I ran 18 miles at my goal race pace (8:45). No cramping. No emergency deuce. I had energy throughout the run and succesfully negative split. My running nutrition has improved significantly through bitter trial and error. I ate over 500 calories on this run and my stomach was fine. I constantly refocused on my form, which helped maintain pace. And it was beautiful out. With 4 weeks to go, I feel like all the hours on my feet are paying off.

I've lost about 15 pounds between all the running and changing my diet to small meals every 2-3 hours. No more post-lunch comatose state. I feel more energetic and importantly, light on my feet.

Next week is my last distance increase before I taper for the race. I will do 20-21 miles. Looking forward to race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment