Monday, December 16, 2013

"Intervals"

I stretched out the length of my intervals tonight. Before I'd been doing basically very short sprints down the block. This frightened neighbors to see a ghost-pale walking stick sprinting down the street after dark. Around these parts you either run because you stole something or because you are trying to escape a pack of pitbulls. (I've done one of those on numerous occasions.) So tonight I dropped the pace down to 6 minute/mile pace, albeit not actually running a full mile. I pulled off a whopping two 1/3 mile intervals at this pace before I reached the brink of death. While this was not a particularly fun exercise, I did enjoy exploring a limit. Now I can use this information to hopefully come up with a more manageable interval scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment