Second, running may be the focus of this blog, and while it affects how I approach many situations, it is not the main focus of my life, thus my high amateur status as a runner. Therefore, the posts will be replete with daily life sprinkles on my running stories.
Now for a few of my beliefs:
- running should be fun
- don't overdress for the occasion, i.e. run with as little footwear as possible
- don't run on Sunday
- running is primarily cooperative, secondarily competitive
- look ridiculous when you run
- eat food that doesn't make you feel like garbage
- never pass up opportunities to run in the rain
- don't overdo it, and don't underdo it either
- treadmills are immoral
- don't bounce-glide
- lots of little steps are better than a few big 'ol steps
- mix up your runs
Understand that this is an evolving list. Look at upcoming posts tagged under "Background" to see how this process has changed over time for me.